The KfW (i.e. Reconstruction Credit Institute) student loan offers students an additional option for financing their studies – regardless of their own income/assets or those of their parents.
Who is eligible?
- Germans, EU citizens with a three-year stay in Germany as well as their family members and all foreign students
- students in their first-degree programme or consecutive Master’s programme, or in a second or part-time degree programme at a state or state-recognised German higher education institution
- start of funding in staged age limit up to a maximum of 44 years of age
- independent of income and assets
- grants between € 100 and € 650 per month
- financial support up to the 14th semester (depending on starting age)
Interest rate and repayment
- variable interest rate with an adjustment to the capital market development on April 1st and October 1st each year; possibility of fixed interest rate agreement for the repayment phase
- variable interest rate 3.95 percent (October 2016), new interest rates every six months
- fixed interest rate in the repayment period, e.g., 4.52% for 10 years (April 2015)
- repayment after 25 years, at the latest by the age of 67
Consultation and placement
If you have any questions or would like an initial consultation, please contact us in advance during the consultation hours given below.
Phone: 0251 837 95 75
Tuesday: 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Thursday: 1-3.00 p.m.
Information is also available at KfW-Studienkredit (i.e. KfW student loans).