The KfW (i.e. Reconstruction Credit Institute) student loan offers students an additional opportunity for financing their studies – regardless of the students’ own income/assets or those of their parents.
Who is eligible?
- Germans, EU citizens with a three-year stay in Germany as well as their family members and all educational residents.
- Students in their first degree course or in a consecutive Master’s programme, or in a second course of studies or a part-time study at a state or state-recognised German higher education institution.
- Beginning of financial aid in gradation according to age up to 44 years of age.
- unrelated to income and assets
- grants between € 100 and € 650 per month
- financial support up to the 14th semester (dependent on starting age)
Interest rate and repayment
- variable rate of interest with an adjustment due to the capital market development each year on April 1st and October 1st; possibility of fixed interest agreement for the repayment phase
- variable interest rate 3.95 per cent (October 2016), new interest rates every six months
- interest rate in the repayment period is fixed, for 10 years e.g. 4.52% (April 2015)
- repayment period limit of 25 years, at the latest until the age of 67
Consultation and placement
You can get comprehensive information from the KfW-Studienkredit (i.e. KfW student loans) and from the Office of Educational Support of the Student Support Services Münster.
If you have any questions or wish an initial consultation, please contact us in advance during the consultation hours given below.
Amt für Ausbildungsförderung
Phone: 0251 837 95 75
Please note: In order to protect you and us from infection in the current pandemic, we are closing our personal office hours. We look forward to advising you over the phone.
Monday to Wednesday: 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Thurs: 1-3.00 p.m.