DAKA student loans: interest-free student loan – only in North Rhine-Westphalia
The favourable conditions of the DAKA loan have received awards from the German consumer organisation Stiftung Warentest, among others. These are for example: Maximum amount up to 12,000 euros, funding rate up to 1,000 euros per month, interest-free repayment in flexible instalments possible. The loan has been awarded the seal of approval by the Centrum für Hochschulentwicklung (CHE, 'Centre for Higher Education Development'). You can find the CHE test results here (in German).
The information below is valid as of 1st July 2022.
- You are studying at a state institute of higher education in North Rhine-Westphalia
- You are depending on financial aid to secure your living expenses
- A guarantor MUST be provided as security (guarantors must have a residence in Germany, non-EU citizens need a permanent residence permit)
- Age and number of semesters do not matter
- The maximum amount is 12,000 euros
- It is possible to split the total loan between the Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees
- The loan is interest-free, only an administration fee of five percent is charged
- Flexible arrangement of the amount of the monthly instalments is possible
- The maximum instalment per month is 1,000 euros
- Repayment begins twelve months after the last funding instalment has been paid
- Are you still studying at that time, the repayment can be deferred if necessary
- The minimum instalment is 150 euros per month. Individual adjustment of the amount is possible
- DAKA now offers an additional 6,000 euros for a study abroad
- The same guidelines apply as for the DAKA loan at home
Contact & Consultation
If you have any questions or would like a consultation, please feel free to contact us.
Phone: 0251 837 9575
Telephone consultation hours
Tuesday: 10 a.m – 12 p.m.
Thursday: 1 – 3 p.m.
More information is available under Daka Darlehenskasse der Studierendenwerke e.V. (the loan association of the Student Support Services, a registered voluntary association)