If you decide to go abroad for your training, the needs increase as follows:
- € 16 to € 195 per month foreign supplement depending on the difference in purchasing power compared to the respective country; EU countries and Switzerland are excluded.
- Up to € 4,600 for necessary tuition fees in the first year of study
- Costs for an outward and return trip, each with a flat rate of € 250 within Europe and € 500 outside Europe.
- Up to € 71 per month for an existing health insurance cover abroad
- The increased requirement for travel and health insurance costs also applies to internships abroad.
You can find more information in the flyer „Mit BAföG ins Ausland“ (i.e. studying abroad with BAföG).