If you do your training abroad, the needs increase as follows:
- A € 16 to € 195 monthly supplement for studies abroad depending on the purchasing power difference of the respective country; excluded are the EU countries and Switzerland.
- Up to € 4,600 for required tuition fees in the first year of studies
- Costs for a return trip with a lump sum respectively of € 250 within and € 500 outside of Europe.
- Up to € 71 monthly for an existing health insurance abroad
- The increased need for travel and health insurance costs is also available for students doing internships.
More information is available in the flyer „Mit BAföG ins Ausland“ (i.e. studying abroad with BAföG).